National Puppy Day Sale
Posted on March 22 2017
Yesterday I went to a coffee shop here in Bozeman. As I was leaving, I noticed a puppy, sitting up and watching me from under his human's feet. He must've been about 14 weeks old. He was a chocolate lab. He wasn't tied to anything and his human was working away on her computer.
Puppy Dog Training
My first reaction was to go pet the puppy, steal some kisses, maybe rub his belly. I mean, a chocolate lab puppy?! How could you not?
But then I realized that this dog was obviously in training to be the most obedient, calm, undistracted dog out there. I should stay away. He's in a coffee shop, near the restroom, with abundant foot traffic and plenty of admirers. And he just sat there. Sofia wouldn't do that and she's 10 years old.
I'm so curious about how that puppy owner trained her dog to be so calm and obedient. Maybe he had just gone on a big run, or had just woken up from a nap, but either way, I was impressed.
National Puppy Day
Thursday is National Puppy Day. We're celebrating the well-behaved and the bad dogs, the young and the old and the somewhere-in-between.
Looking for a way to celebrate National Puppy Day?
We've got some ideas for you.
Here are our top 5 tips:
1. Visit your local shelter and bring home a new family member.
2. Bring your dog, young or old, into our shop and pick out some new tags to keep him stylish and safe. (He can meet Sofia, too).
3. Play with your dog. Life is short. (We love the Jive Dog Ball from West Paw. They bounce. They float. They fit in a ball-thrower and they can go in the dishwasher. The only thing cooler is that they're made right here in Bozeman.)
4. Don't have a dog, but love them so much? Why not make some Instagram friends and brighten your day with photos and videos of the sweetest dogs around? Our favorites include @figrador and @sofiathewestie.
5. Make your own dog tags while drinking wine with your friends! From 6-8 pm we're having Hammer Time! Check out the info here: Hammer Time Dog Tag Making Evening